EMBETA XR 75MG contain Metoprolol Succinate which belongs to a group of medicine called beta-blockers. It is used to treat high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat and prevent heart attack and strokes, angina pectoris, migraine. High blood pressure is a condition in which the force of the blood against the artery wall. Improper beating of the heart, whether irregular, too fast, or too slow. This is also called as irregular heartbeat or arrhythmia.
Heart attack occurs when blood flow decreases or stops to a part of the heart, causing damage to the heart muscle. This is also called as myocardial infarction. Stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries oxygen and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or bursts (or ruptures). Angina pectoris is a type of chest pain caused by reduced blood flow to the heart. Migraine is a neurological condition that can cause multiple symptoms. It is frequently characterized by intense, debilitating headache.
Always take EMBETA XR 75MG exactly as your doctor has told you. This medicine must be taken with or without food. It is not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years. It can be taken by adults over the age of 18 years. Before taking this medicine tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney disease, heart disease, liver problems. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine.
USES OF EMBETA XR 75MG
- Treat high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat
- Prevent heart attack and strokes, angina pectoris, migraine
HOW EMBETA XR 75MG WORKS
EMBETA XR 75MG works by changing the way your body responds to some nerve impulses, especially in the heart. It slows down your heart rate and makes it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Always take EMBETA XR 75MG exactly as your doctor has told you. This medicine must be taken with or without food. Try to take this medicine at the same time each day. It should be swallowed whole with water. Do not crush or chew the medicine.
Embeta 25 Tablet
Embeta 50 Tablet
Embeta XR 12.5 Tablet
Embeta XR 25 Tablet
Embeta XR 50 Tablet
Embeta XR 75mg Tablet
Embeta XR 100 Tablet
Embeta-TM 25 Tablet
Embeta-TM 50 Tablet
Embeta-R 2.5 Tablet
Embeta-R 5 Tablet
Embeta HT 50 Tablet
Embeta AM 25 Tablet
Embeta AM 50 Tablet
SIDE EFFECTS OF EMBETA XR 75MG
- Lung problems (symptoms such as shortness of breath, wheezing, and tightening of the chest)
- Heart problems (symptoms such as shortness of breath with a cough that gets worse when you exercise (like walking upstairs), swollen ankles or legs, chest pain, an irregular heartbeat)
- Thyrotoxicosis (symptoms such as fast heart rate, high temperature (38°C and above), trembling and confusion)
- Liver problems (symptoms such as yellow skin or the whites of your eyes turn yellow)
- Serious allergic reaction (such as anaphylaxis, skin rash that may include itchy, red, swollen, blistered or peeling skin, tightness of the throat, trouble breathing or talking, swelling of mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat)
- Feeling tired, dizziness or weak
- Cold hands or feet
- Stomach ache
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Apply hot or cold-water bag on your head. Take rest in a quiet and dark room. Drink tea or coffee.
Get up and move around to feel awake, take small naps to edge off the sleepiness. Give your eyes a break to avoid fatigue and eat a healthy food to boost energy.
Try taking this medicine with, or just after, a meal or snack and stick to simple meals and do not eat rich or spicy food.
Try to rest and relax. Eat and drink slowly or have smaller and frequent meals. Applying heat pad or covered hot water bottle on your stomach may also help. If still pain persists, speak to your doctor.
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
EMBETA XR 75MG should be used with caution in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
EMBETA XR 75MG should be used with caution in breast feeding women. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
Do not drive or operate any machine while taking this medicine it may cause dizziness.
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with EMBETA XR 75MG.
EMBETA XR 75MG should be used with caution in patients suffering from active kidney diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
EMBETA XR 75MG should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver function impairment or active liver diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
Do not take EMBETA XR 75MG if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Metoprolol Succinate or any other ingredients in this medicine.
EMBETA XR 75MG should be used with caution in patients suffering from active lung diseases (asthma). Consult your doctor for advice.
EMBETA XR 75MG should be used with caution in patients suffering from active heart diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
Tell your doctor if you have or had a condition such as,
- Low blood pressure
- Metabolic acidosis
- Overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) or thyrotoxicosis
- Severe blood circulation problems in your limbs (such as Raynaud’s phenomenon) which may make your fingers and toes tingle or turn pale or blue
- Low blood sugar
Talk to your doctor if you are taking,
- Medicines for high blood pressure
- Antidepressants (used to treat depression)
- Nitrates (used to treat chest pain)
- Baclofen (used for muscle relaxant)
- Tamsulosin (used for an enlarged prostate)
- Co-careldopa and levodopa (used to treat parkinson’s disease)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen
- Pseudoephedrine or xylometazoline (used to treat cough)
- Medicines for diabetes
- Ephedrine, noradrenaline, or adrenaline (used to treat allergy)
- Medicines for asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)