Cardivas 3.125mg tablet
Carvedilol is the active component of the medication Cardivas 3.125 Tablet. It is primarily used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure), congestive heart failure, and left ventricular dysfunction after a heart attack. It is a member of the beta-blocker drug class.
Uses of Cardivas 3.125 Tablet
Cardivas 3.125 Tablet is a medication that is prescribed to treat hypertension, a condition marked by persistently high blood pressure. This medication aids in relaxing and widening blood vessels by blocking specific body receptors, which lessens the strain on the heart and lowers blood pressure.
Cardivas 3.125 Tablet is also used to treat congestive heart failure, which is a condition where the heart’s capacity to pump blood is compromised. It enhances the patient’s overall quality of life, reduces symptoms like fatigue and shortness of breath, and improves heart function.
Cardivas 3.125 Tablet is recommended for patients with left ventricular dysfunction who have recently experienced a heart attack and have a weak left ventricle in order to lower their risk of cardiovascular death or hospitalisation. It enhances cardiovascular function and increases the heart’s ability to pump blood more effectively.
Dosage and Administration
Oral administration of the Cardivas 3.125 Tablet is advised, ideally along with a glass of water. Depending on the patient’s condition, their response to therapy, and the doctor’s recommendations, the dosage and length of the course of treatment may change. It’s crucial to adhere to the recommended dosage and finish the entire course of treatment.
3.125mg administered twice daily is the typical starting dose for hypertension. Based on the patient’s response and the doctor’s recommendations, the dosage may be changed. The 25mg twice daily dose is the highest that is advised for hypertension.
The initial dosage for left ventricular dysfunction and congestive heart failure is typically 3.125mg twice daily. Depending on what the healthcare provider decides is the target maintenance dose, the dosage may be gradually increased. For these conditions, a maximum dose of 25mg twice daily is advised.
You can take a Cardivas 3.125 Tablet with or without food. To get the best results, it must be taken consistently and at the same time every day.
Side Effects of Cardivas 3.125 Tablet
Cardivas 3.125 Tablet side effects are possible, just like with any medication. It is critical to be aware of potential negative effects and seek medical help if they manifest. Carvedilol may cause a number of common side effects, including weakness or fatigue, faintness or dizziness, low blood pressure (hypotension), bradycardia, nausea or stomach pain, diarrhoea or constipation, shortness of breath, and weight gain.
These negative effects are typically minor and self-limiting. However, it is advised to speak with a healthcare provider if they continue or get worse.
Cardivas 3.125 Tablet can occasionally have more serious side effects, such as allergic reactions (rash, itching, swelling), tightness in the chest, palpitations, extremely high blood pressure, severe dizziness or fainting, and mood swings or depression. It is important to seek immediate medical attention if any of these serious side effects manifest.
Precautions and Warnings
You must tell your doctor about all current and past illnesses, allergies, and medications you are taking before taking Cardivas 3.125 Tablet. The following are some precautions and warnings related to the use of cartedilol:
- Allergies: Let your doctor know if you have ever had an allergic reaction to carvedilol or any other medication. From minor symptoms like rash and itching to severe reactions requiring immediate medical attention, allergic reactions can range in severity.
- Diabetes: It’s critical to routinely check your blood sugar levels if you have diabetes because carvingilol can affect your blood sugar levels. Some signs of low blood sugar, like an elevated heart rate and tremors, may be covered up by the medication.
- Cardivas 3.125 Tablet may worsen bronchospasms and other breathing problems in people with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or other respiratory conditions. Before recommending this medication, your doctor will weigh the risks and advantages.
- Cardivas 3.125 Tablet is recommended in particular for the treatment of hypertension, congestive heart failure, and left ventricular dysfunction after a heart attack. It is crucial to let your healthcare provider know about your medical history because it might not be appropriate for other heart conditions.
- Carvedilol lowers blood pressure, and if your blood pressure is already low or drops noticeably while you’re taking this medication, it could result in fainting, dizziness, or both. It’s critical to regularly check your blood pressure and notify your doctor of any alarming symptoms.
- Liver and Kidney Function: Your healthcare provider may need to change the dosage of Cardivas 3.125 Tablet or closely monitor your condition while taking this medication if you have liver or kidney issues.
- Surgery: Let your doctor or surgeon know that you are taking Carvedilol if you have an upcoming surgery, including a dental procedure. It might interact with some anaesthetics and surgically prescribed drugs.
- Cardivas 3.125 Tablet should be used with caution during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester, and while nursing. It is crucial to go over the potential advantages and risks with your doctor. Carvedilol is typically not advised to be used while breastfeeding due to the possibility that it will enter breast milk and have an impact on the infant.
It’s important to follow your healthcare provider’s recommendations when using Cardivas 3.125 Tablet. Do not hesitate to speak with your doctor or chemist if you have any concerns or questions about the medication.
An antihypertensive drug called Cardivas 3.125 Tablet (Carvedilol) is also used to treat congestive heart failure and left ventricular dysfunction after a heart attack. It lessens symptoms brought on by these conditions and helps lower blood pressure and heart function. It is crucial to follow the recommended dosage, take the medication as directed by a healthcare provider, and be aware of any possible side effects. You can ensure the secure and efficient use of Cardivas 3.125 Tablet by adhering to the directions and precautions. Consult your healthcare provider for more information if you have any worries or inquiries.