Divalproex is the active ingredient in the drug Dicorate ER 750mg Tablet. It is a member of the antiepileptic drug family and is used to treat migraines, bipolar disorder, and epilepsy. As an extended-release formulation, Dicorate ER 750mg Tablet slowly releases the medication over an extended period of time, producing a steady and reliable effect.
Mechanism of Action
Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), a neurotransmitter, is increased in the brain by divalproex, the active ingredient in Dicorate ER 750mg Tablet. GABA plays a role in preventing the brain’s electrical signals from being transmitted, which helps to lessen the abnormal brain activity that can cause seizures in people with epilepsy or mood swings in people with bipolar disorder.
The following conditions are primarily treated with Dicorate ER 750mg Tablet:
- Seizures of all kinds, including absence seizures, generalised tonic-clonic seizures, and partial seizures, can be effectively controlled by epilepsy.
Bipolar Disorder: It aids in mood stabilisation and guards against manic or depressive episodes in sufferers of the condition.
Migraines: In some circumstances, it can be used to prevent migraines.
- Epilepsy: It is used in conjunction with other treatments to treat a variety of seizure types, such as absence seizures, generalised tonic-clonic seizures, and complex partial seizures. In some circumstances, it can also be used as a monotherapy.
- Dicorate ER is a mood stabiliser that is used in the treatment of bipolar disorder to help guard against manic, hypomanic, and depressive episodes.
- Adults may be given it as part of a migraine prophylaxis regimen to prevent migraine headaches.
Dosage and Administration
The specific condition being treated and the unique characteristics of the patient will determine the Dicorate ER 750 mg Tablet dosage. It’s crucial to adhere to your doctor’s recommendations. The tablet must be taken whole; it should not be chewed, crushed, or broken. To reduce stomach upset, it is typically taken with food. Without first consulting your doctor, do not abruptly stop taking Dicorate ER 750mg Tablet as this could cause withdrawal symptoms or symptoms to return.
Dicorate ER 750mg Tablet side effects can happen to anyone, just like any medication. Drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, weight gain, and hair loss are examples of common side effects. Although these side effects are typically minor and transient, you should let your doctor know if they continue or start to bother you. Rarely, Dicorate ER 750mg Tablet could result in more severe side effects like pancreatitis, liver issues, or a drop in blood platelets. If you experience any unusual symptoms or side effects, call your doctor right away.
Precautions and Warnings
- Any existing medical conditions, especially liver, kidney, or blood disorders, should be disclosed to your doctor.
- Inform your doctor of all the medications you are currently taking because Dicorate ER 750 mg Tablet may interact with them.
- It is crucial to have routine blood tests to check your blood cell count, liver function, and other parameters as advised by your doctor.
- If you are a woman of childbearing age, use effective contraception and talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of taking Dicorate ER 750 mg Tablet before getting pregnant.
- Dicorate ER 750mg Tablet should not be taken with alcohol as it may worsen side effects and increase the risk of liver damage.
- Dicorate ER 750mg Tablet can make it difficult for you to drive or operate heavy equipment, especially when you first start taking it or when the dosage is changed. Until you understand how the medication affects you, exercise caution.
A drug called Dicorate ER 750mg Tablet, which contains the drug divalproex, is used to treat migraines, bipolar disorder, and epilepsy. It aids in mood stabilisation and control of abnormal brain activity. It’s crucial to take Dicorate ER 750mg Tablet as directed by your doctor, adhere to all written instructions, and report any negative effects. To ensure the best outcomes, your doctor will keep track of your development and modify your treatment plan as needed. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or need more details on Dicorate ER 750mg Tablet.