- Storvas 20 mg Tablet is a lipid-lowering medication (statin).
- It works by blocking an enzyme (HMG-CoA-reductase) that is required in the body to make cholesterol.
- It thus lowers “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides, raising the level of “good” cholesterol (HDL).
Storvas 20 MG Tablet is used to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. Along with taking this medicine, a change in diet and regular exercise is recommended. The medicine helps in reducing the long-term cardiovascular risks such as stroke, heart attacks, chest pain etc.
- Atorvastatin (20 mg)
- High cholesterol : Storvas 20 MG Tablet belongs to a group of medicines called statins. It works by reducing the amount of “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and raising the amount of “good” cholesterol (HDL) in your blood. Lowering the amount of cholesterol reduces the chances of heart diseases and helps you remain healthier for longer.
- Prevention of Heart attack : High levels of cholesterol can cause your blood vessels to narrow (atherosclerosis) and put you at risk of having a stroke or heart disease. Lowering the amount of this fat reduces the chances of this happening and helps you remain healthier for longer. Keep taking this medicine even if you feel well.
- Abdominal pain
How to Use
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Storvas 20 mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.