It is also used for treating iron-deficiency anemia which can occur due to chronic blood loss or inadequate intake of iron. It is also recommended to fulfill the iron requirement of the body and prevent anemia during pregnancy and lactation. The syrup is also commonly prescribed to treat anemia caused due to deficiency of folic acid.
It contains iron (in the form of ferrous ascorbate) and folic acid (Vitamin B9) as the main ingredients. As this tablet contains iron in the form of ferrous ascorbate, it helps in quick absorption of Folic acid is essential to numerous bodily functions in both children and adults as it is required to produce healthy red blood cells and prevent anemia.
This tablet is generally safe and has little or no side effects. However, in case you are taking any other medications or diet supplements, it is best to inform your doctor to avoid drug interaction.
- Ferrous Ascorbate (Iron): 100 mg
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9): 1.5 mg
- Helps in treating iron deficiency due to chronic blood loss or low intake of iron
- Aids in the transportation of oxygen throughout the body
- Boosts your energy level by increasing the supply of blood to various parts of the body and keeping your brain active
- Lowers your risk of anemia by loading up your level of iron and folic acid
- Helps in treating nutritional anemia that occurs especially during pregnancy and lactation
Orofer-XT can be taken orally with water, preferably after meals or as directed by the physician.
- Consult your doctor if you suffer from any pre-existing medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension, kidney, or liver problem.
- It is wise to inform your doctor beforehand if you are taking any other medications, supplements, or following any complementary or integrative health approaches such as homeopathy or Ayurvedic medicine.
- You should not take this supplement if you are allergic to it or any of its components.
- In case you miss a dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it’s almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
- You should not consume vitamin & mineral supplements more than the recommended daily dose as it may lead to unwanted side effects.
- Avoid taking this medication along with tea or coffee as it may interfere with the absorption of iron.
- Include foods rich in Vitamin C such as orange juice, lemon water, etc. in your diet as it helps in the absorption of iron.
- Do not consider supplements as a replacement for your diet. Eat a healthy diet rich in all the essential nutrients to lead a healthy life.
When taken as advised by your doctor, this tablet does not cause any side effects. However, when consumed in excess, it may lead to skin rashes, stomach discomforts, diarrhea, and vomiting. Also, taking too much of this supplement can interfere with the absorption of some other nutrients like zinc and Vitamin B12, leading to its deficiency in the long run.
- Read the instructions carefully before use.
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Use under medical supervision.
- Iron plays a key role in improving blood circulation and oxygen saturation in the body. It also helps to preserve various key functions of the body such as maintaining your energy levels, improving your gastrointestinal functions, boosting your immune response, and regulating your body temperature.
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) is another water-soluble B-complex vitamin that is naturally available in food as folate and folic acid. This vitamin acts as a coenzyme in the synthesis of nucleic acid (DNA) and red blood cells. It is responsible for oxygen supply and also overall growth and developme