It is used to provide relief from acidity and gas whenever acidity strikes. It is also known to provide quick and effective relief from gas troubles such as bloating and belching. It also helps to improve the symptoms of acidity such as abdominal pain and stomach discomfort. It works by neutralizing the stomach acid in the body.
It is an antacid that contains magnesium hydroxide as one of its active ingredients. It dissolves quickly in the stomach and provides quick action. It interacts with stomach acid to produce magnesium chloride which is absorbed by the body. It provides rapid relief from acid reflux by neutralizing gastric acid. Also, the presence of aluminum hydroxide neutralizes the acid in the stomach but is known to act slowly. It is also known to inhibit the activity of the enzyme pepsin thereby helping with heartburn.
It has a sugar-free formulation that provides effective action against acidity, reduces stomach pain, and protects the stomach from making excess acid for long-lasting relief. Digene tablets come in a handy pack that can be kept within easy reach at home. It’s scientifically developed combination of active ingredients provides a high ANC (Acid Neutralising Capacity) property.
These tablets are usually safe and don’t cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor’s recommendation. However, if your symptoms do not improve or if your condition worsens, then consult your doctor immediately. Digene Tablet for Acidity & Gas Relief is available in Mint, Orange, Mixed Fruit, and Multi flavors.
- Magnesium Hydroxide I.P: 25mg
- Simethicone I.P: 25mg
- Magnesium Aluminium Silicate Hydrate: 50mg
- Dried Aluminum Hydroxide Gel I.P: 300mg
- Neutralizes excess stomach acid and protects the lining of the stomach from irritation
- Helps to relieve symptoms of extra gas such as, bloating and feeling of discomfort in the stomach
- Helps to reduce the overall acid level in the stomach
- It helps in reducing the feeling of indigestion and acidity
- It is used in treating the gas and belching in the stomach
Ideally, adults are advised to chew or suck 2-4 tablets, after meals, preferably at bedtime or as advised by your physician. Children can take the tablets as per their doctor’s recommendation.
- Take the medicine at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to get the most out of this medication.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking as they may affect or be affected by this medicine such as antacids
- Read the label carefully before use, and do not exceed the recommended dosage of the tablet.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
- Pregnant women, lactating women, and individuals with any pre-existing condition should consult a doctor before taking the medicine.
- If the symptoms fail to improve or you experience any unwanted side effects, consult your doctor at the earliest to avoid any complications.
- In addition to taking this medicine, following a healthy diet loaded with essential nutrients can help in quick recovery.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this syrup, inform your doctor immediately.
- Take antacids about 1 hour after eating or when you have heartburn. DO NOT take them with food If you are taking them for symptoms at night.
- Do not give antacids to your kids without consulting your doctor. This is because kids usually do not suffer from heartburn and pain or discomfort in the stomach could be related to other health conditions.
- People suffering from kidney disease or heart failure should get in touch with a doctor to know the right type of antacid. The reason being, most antacids contain electrolytes which can lead to fluid and electrolyte imbalance in the body.
These tablets are usually safe and don’t cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor’s recommendation. However, if your symptoms do not improve or if your condition worsens, then consult your doctor immediately.
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Keep out of reach of the children.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.