Information about Bio-D3 Plus Soft Gelatin Capsule
Bio-D3 Plus Soft Gelatin Capsule is a nutritional supplement which is required to fulfill the calcium requirement in people having low levels of calcium in their blood. Insufficient calcium may be a result of poor nutritional intake or low absorption of the same. The capsules are indicated in several health conditions including Osteomalacia, Osteoporosis, Hyperparathyroidism and latent tetany.
Bio D3 Plus Capsule 15’s belongs to the class of nutritional supplements used to prevent or treat low blood calcium levels in people who cannot get sufficient calcium from their diets. Bio D3 Plus Capsule 15’s effectively treats various conditions caused by low calcium levels in the body, such as osteoporosis (weak and brittle bones), osteomalacia/rickets (weak bones), hypoparathyroidism (low levels of parathyroid hormone), and latent tetany (a muscle disease with low blood calcium levels).
Bio D3 Plus Capsule 15’s is a combination of two drugs, namely: Calcium carbonate (mineral) and Calcitriol (vitamin D3). Calcium carbonate is a mineral that is used to prevent or treat a calcium deficiency. It provides essential nutrients to maintain bone formation. Calcitriol is a human-made form of Vitamin D3 and treats calcium deficiency with hypoparathyroidism (the decreased activity of parathyroid glands) and metabolic bone diseases in people with chronic kidney failure. It raises Vitamin D levels and thereby increases calcium levels in the blood. This helps in improving the absorption rate of calcium from the stomach.
Key ingredients :
- Calcium carbonate
- Calcitriol (Vitamin D3)
Directions for use :
Bio-D3 Plus Soft Gelatin Capsules should be taken orally with a glass of normal water. It is preferred to be taken after meals, by swallowing as a whole.
- Helps in the treatment or prevention of calcium deficiency.
- Promotes bone formation.
- Prevent conditions like hypoparathyroidism, Osteoporosis and Osteomalacia.
- Improves calcium absorption in the blood.
- Maintains a required level of vitamin D3.
Side effects :
- Upset stomach
- Dry mouth
- Bone pain
- Consult a doctor in case of any allergic reactions.
- Consult the doctor in case of pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Consultation is important in case growth of the children is affected.
- Discuss with the doctor in case any medical history related to liver, kidney, heart is present.