S-Amlodipine and Telmisartan are the two active components that can be found in a single dose of the combination drug known as Asomex-TM Tablet. S-Amlodipine is categorised as a calcium channel blocker, whilst Telmisartan is categorised as an angiotensin II receptor blocker. Both of these drugs are used to treat high blood pressure. The treatment of hypertension, often known as high blood pressure, frequently calls for the use of this particular combination.
How Does Asomex-TM Tablet Work?
S-Amlodipine is able to exert its therapeutic effects because it is able to prevent calcium from entering the smooth muscle cells that line blood vessels. This allows the blood vessel smooth muscle to relax and expand. This results in a lower overall blood pressure as well as a decrease in the resistance of the peripheral blood vessels. Telmisartan, on the other hand, achieves its therapeutic effect by inhibiting the activity of angiotensin II, a hormone that is responsible for the narrowing of blood vessels. Telmisartan helps relax and widen blood vessels by blocking the effects of angiotensin II, which further contributes to the medication’s ability to reduce blood pressure.
Benefits of Asomex-TM Tablet
- Controlling Blood Pressure Efficiently The Asomex-TM Tablet combines two distinct modes of action, which work together to control blood pressure in an efficient manner. This may assist in lowering the risk of cardiovascular problems that are connected with high blood pressure.
- Convenience of Combination Therapy: The Asomex-TM Tablet provides the convenience of a single tablet that contains two active components. This allows for combination therapy to be administered more quickly. As a result, there is no longer a requirement to take multiple prescriptions individually, which makes the treatment plan much easier to follow.
- Synergistic impact: The combination of S-Amlodipine and Telmisartan found in the Asomex-TM Tablet produces a synergistic impact, which results in improved blood pressure control in comparison to the use of individual monotherapies.
- Telmisartan, which is one of the active ingredients in Asomex-TM Tablet, has been demonstrated to provide additional benefits beyond only lowering blood pressure. These benefits include protection for the cardiovascular system. It’s possible that doing so can assist guard against cardiovascular events like heart attacks and strokes.
Dosage and Administration
Your healthcare physician should be consulted regarding the appropriate dosage for you to take of the Asomex-TM Tablet. It is possible for the dosage to change based on individual characteristics such as the severity of the patient’s hypertension and how well they respond to treatment. It is essential to take the medication exactly as prescribed by your medical professional, including according to the dosage and administration recommendations.
Possible Side Effects
Asomex-TM Tablet, just like any other medicine, has the potential to produce adverse effects in some people. The following are examples of common adverse effects: lightheadedness, headache, flushing, edoema, and weariness. These adverse effects are often not severe and only last for a short period of time; however, it is imperative that you communicate any continued or increased discomfort to your healthcare physician.
Precautions and Warnings
- Allergies: If you know that you are allergic to S-Amlodipine, Telmisartan, or any of the other ingredients in Asomex-TM Tablet, you should inform your healthcare professional as soon as possible. Rash, itching, swelling, and difficulty breathing are all potential symptoms of an allergic reaction.
- Diseases of the Kidney or Liver Patients who have diseases of the kidney or liver should use the Asomex-TM Tablet with extreme caution. Constant close observation and, if necessary, dosing modifications can be required.
- Asomex-TM Tablet is not suggested for use during pregnancy or nursing due to the potential for serious side effects. If you are pregnant or are considering becoming pregnant, you should discuss potential alternatives to your current treatment plan with your healthcare provider.
- Drug Interactions: If you are currently taking any medications, prescribed or otherwise, as well as over-the-counter pharmaceuticals or herbal supplements, it is imperative that you inform your primary care physician of this. There is a possibility that Asomex-TM Tablet will interact with other medications, which could decrease its efficacy or raise the risk of adverse effects.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A1: How much time must pass before the Asomex-TM Tablet begins to exert its effects?
A1: The time it takes for the effects of an Asomex-TM Tablet to become noticeable in a given individual can vary. However, it is possible that after a few hours of taking the drug, you will begin to experience a reduction in your blood pressure. In order to determine whether or not the medication is having the desired effect on your blood pressure, it is critical that you keep taking it exactly as directed and perform regular self-checks.
If my blood pressure is under control, may I discontinue taking the Asomex-TM Tablet that I’ve been taking?
A2: No, it is not advisable to stop taking Asomex-TM Tablet without first visiting your primary care physician or another qualified medical professional. The drug helps maintain the ideal blood pressure level and prevents further issues, even if your blood pressure is already under good control. It’s possible that stopping the medicine all of a sudden will cause a spike in your blood pressure right away.
When using the Asomex-TM Tablet, are there any food restrictions that need to be followed?
A3: The use of Asomex-TM Tablet does not necessitate any special modifications to your diet in any way. However, as part of a healthy lifestyle, it is typically recommended to adopt a diet that is balanced, is low in salt, and is high in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. This is particularly helpful in the management of hypertension.
A4: If I take an Asomex-TM Tablet, is it OK for me to drink alcohol?
A4: It is recommended that you cut back or avoid drinking alcohol while taking the Asomex-TM Tablet. Consuming alcohol while taking this prescription may increase the likelihood that you will have dizziness, lightheadedness, and other adverse effects. It is strongly recommended that you discuss the appropriate use of alcohol with your healthcare professional while you are taking this medicine.
If I forget to take an Asomex-TM Tablet dose, what should I do to make up for it?
A5: If you forget to take an Asomex-TM Tablet dose, take the missed dosage as soon as you remember it. If, on the other hand, it is almost time for the next dose that was supposed to be taken, you should forgo the dose that you missed and go back to your regular dosing plan. To compensate for a missing dose, you should not take two doses at once.
In conclusion, Asomex-TM Tablet is a combination medication that efficiently lowers patients’ blood pressure by combining S-Amlodipine with Telmisartan. This medication is prescribed to people who have hypertension. This combination provides the benefits of two separate modes of action, resulting in improved management of blood pressure as well as a reduced risk of cardiovascular problems. Nevertheless, it is essential to take the medication in the correct quantity and to advise your healthcare provider of any possible allergic reactions or other medical issues you may have. The utilisation of Asomex-TM Tablet in the treatment of your hypertension should be accompanied by consistent monitoring as well as open lines of communication with your primary care physician.