About Metride Plus 1 mg Tablet:
Metride Plus 1 mg tablet is a combination of three medications used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Each film coated bilayer Metride Plus 1 mg tablet contains Glimepiride 1 mg, Pioglitazone Hydrochloride equivalent to Pioglitazone 15 mg, Metformin Hydrochloride 500 mg (In prolonged release form) and Excipients q.s.
Glimepiride, an anti-diabetic sulphonylurea, reduces blood glucose by stimulating the insulin release from pancreatic ß-cells and decreases glucose output from the liver. It also increases insulin sensitivity at peripheral target sites.
Metformin is a biguanide antihyperglycaemic agent which improves glucose tolerance by lowering both basal and postprandial plasma glucose. It decreases hepatic glucose production, delays intestinal glucose absorption, and improves insulin sensitivity by enhancing peripheral glucose uptake and utilization.
Pioglitazone is a potent and highly selective agonist for the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma (PPAR-gamma). Activation of these receptors promotes the production of gene products involved in lipid and glucose metabolism. It also improves insulin response to target cells without increasing the pancreatic secretion of insulin and reduces hepatic glucose production.
Use of Metride Plus 1 mg Tablet:
Metride Plus 1 mg tablet is prescribed for the treatment of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. It helps control high blood glucose levels.
Usage direction of Metride Plus 1 mg Tablet:
- Metride Plus 1 mg tablet should be taken orally.
- Metride Plus 1 mg tablet is taken whole with the help of water.
- Do not crush, chew or break the tablet.
- Do not stop or skip the medicine without physician’s advice.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed quantity.
Precaution & Related information of Metride Plus 1 mg Tablet:
- If allergic to this medicine, inform the physician immediately.
- If find any other complication inform the physician immediately.
- Consult with the physician during pregnancy & lactation.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Storage condition of Metride Plus 1 mg Tablet:
Store in a cool and dry place. Protect from light.