Ketoflam P Tablet (Flupirtine 100mg/Paracetamol 325mg):
Flupirtine and paracetamol are the two active components that are included in each Ketoflam P Tablet. This medication is a combination product. Flupirtine is a non-opioid analgesic that acts on the central nervous system, whereas paracetamol is both an analgesic and an antipyretic that is widely used. It is common practise to recommend taking this tablet in order to alleviate the pain and inflammation that are associated with a variety of conditions. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive overview of Ketoflam P Tablet, including its applications, recommended dosage, potential adverse effects, and safety considerations.
Description of Ketoflam P Tablet:
The Ketoflam P Tablet is a spherical, film-coated tablet that combines the active ingredients flupirtine and paracetamol in a fixed dosage strength of 100 mg and 325 mg, respectively. It is classified as an analgesic combination medication, which is a subgroup of the combination analgesics. The tablet is offered for purchase in blister packs that contain multiple units to facilitate easy administration of the prescribed dose.
Ketoflam P Tablet’s Various Applications:
Ketoflam P Tablet is most commonly employed for the treatment of pain, as this is its primary purpose. The synergistic analgesic effects provided by the combination of flupirtine and paracetamol make it an effective treatment for relieving mild to moderate pain associated with a variety of conditions, including headaches, dental pain, musculoskeletal pain, postoperative pain, and menstrual cramps, among others.
Flupirtine, which is present as one of the active ingredients in Ketoflam P Tablet, possesses anti-inflammatory properties. This allows it to reduce inflammation. It is helpful in reducing inflammation as well as the symptoms associated with inflammation, such as swelling and redness, which are commonly seen in conditions such as arthritis, sprains, strains, and other inflammatory disorders. Specifically, it reduces inflammation in the joints.
Dosage and Administration:
The recommended amount of Ketoflam P Tablet to take can change according to the age and weight of the patient as well as the severity of the condition that is being treated. It is extremely important to carefully adhere to the instructions that have been given to you by a qualified medical professional or the information that is printed on the product label. The tablet is typically swallowed with a glass of water, and the optimal time to do so is after meals, in order to reduce the likelihood of gastrointestinal irritation.
Adults should take one Ketoflam P tablet (Flupirtine 100 mg/Paracetamol 325 mg) every six to eight hours, with the maximum daily dose of four tablets. This is the usual and recommended dosage. However, it is absolutely necessary to consult a healthcare professional in order to receive individualised recommendations regarding dosage.
Contraindications and Precautions:
Before beginning treatment with Ketoflam P Tablet, it is important to take the necessary safety precautions, despite the fact that the medication is generally safe and well tolerated. People who have any of the following conditions or characteristics should exercise extreme caution when using this medication, or they should completely avoid taking it:
- It is critical that you abstain from using Ketoflam P Tablet if you have a history of hypersensitivity or an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients contained in the medication, including Flupirtine, Paracetamol, or any other component of the tablet.
- Patients who have severe liver or kidney dysfunction should use Ketoflam P Tablet with extreme caution and only under the supervision of a qualified medical professional. In such circumstances, the dosage might need to be adjusted.
- Consumption of Alcohol: Consuming alcohol should be avoided or limited while taking Ketoflam P Tablet because it may increase the risk of damage to the liver.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should discuss the use of Ketoflam P Tablet with a qualified medical professional before taking the medication. They are able to offer direction on the potential risks and benefits based on the specifics of an individual’s situation.
- Interactions with Other Medications The Ketoflam P Tablet may have an interaction with other medicines, including sedatives, tranquillizers, anticoagulants, and certain antidepressants. It is imperative that you provide your primary care physician with information regarding any and all medications, including over-the-counter medicines and dietary supplements made from plants, that you are currently taking.
It is possible that the Ketoflam P Tablet will cause certain side effects in some people. It is essential to be aware of these possible adverse effects, despite the fact that not everyone will experience them. The following are some of the more common adverse reactions to Ketoflam P Tablet:
sickness and throwing up
Constipation or diarrhoea may be the result.
Dizziness or drowsiness
Reactions from allergies (very uncommon)
It is imperative that you seek immediate medical attention in the event that any of these side effects continue or become worse.
A combination medication for the treatment of pain and inflammation, Ketoflam P Tablet (Flupirtine 100mg/Paracetamol 325mg) is prescribed to patients in order to alleviate their symptoms. Because it contains both flupirtine and paracetamol, it has an effect that is similar to that of a synergy. Due to the medication’s dosage, potential side effects, and precautions, it is imperative that this treatment be administered under the supervision of a qualified medical professional, despite the fact that it is generally well tolerated. It is highly recommended that you seek the personalised guidance of a healthcare professional in the event that you have any concerns or questions regarding the utilisation of Ketoflam P Tablet.