What is FUR XT?
Fur-XT Tablet is an iron supplement used to treat or prevent low blood levels of iron (such as those caused by anemia or during pregnancy). Iron is an essential element for blood production. Iron plays vital role in a variety of other important processes in the body. In red blood cells, iron combines with a protein called haemoglobin. lack of iron in human body will cause iron deficiency anemia in both adult and children
Folic acid helps tissues grow and cells work and help the body break down, use, and create new proteins and helps to form red blood cells. It is used to prevent anemia.
Key composition of Fur-XT Tablet:
- Elemental iron
- Folic acid
Therapeutic uses of Fur-XT Tablet:
Prevent and treat:
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Iron deficiency due to chronic blood loss or low intake of iron
- Iron deficiency anaemia and nutritional anaemia during pregnancy and lactation
- Helps to produce healthy red blood cells
Side effects of Fur-XT Tablet:
- stomach upset
- black stools
- feeling sick (nausea)
How to manage side effects:
Feeling sick (nausea):
Take these tablets with, or just after, a meal or snack to ease feelings of sickness. If you’re pregnant, it could be morning sickness that’s making you feel sick.
Bloating or wind:
Eat smaller and more frequent meals, eat and drink slowly, and exercise regularly. If the symptoms get worse, contact your doctor straight away.
Eat more high-fibre foods such as fresh fruit, vegetables and cereals, and drink plenty of water. Try to exercise more regularly, for example, by going for a daily walk or run.
Drink lots of fluids, such as water or squash, to avoid dehydration. Do not take any other medicines to treat diarrhoea without speaking to a doctor.
Dark or black stools:
This is common when taking iron and is nothing to worry about. Talk to a doctor if your stool is black and sticky looking, has red streaks in it, or if you also feel unwell in any other way.
- Always take Fur-XT Tablet as told by your physician.
- Do not exceed recommended daily dose.
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you use, including prescription and non-prescription medicines and herbal supplements.
- It is considered safe for use by pregnant women. It is advised to consult your doctor before taking
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Protect from light and moisture.
- Store below 25°C.