MEDICAL DESCRIPTION OF FARMORUBICIN-RD 50MG INJECTION
Farmorubicin-RD 50mg Injection contains Epirubicin 50mg used to treat adjuvant treatment for breast cancer. It is used as an orphan drug in the treatment of soft tissue sarcoma. It works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of cancer cells by suppressing the enzyme which is involved in the DNA multiplication of cancer cells. This medicine is recommended for adults only.
FARMORUBICIN-RD 50MG INJECTION USES
It is used in the treatment of the following conditions as breast cancer.
FARMORUBICIN-RD 50MG INJECTION BENEFITS
Primary breast cancer
It is a type of cancer that forms in the breast cells. It is common among women. Symptoms include breast lump, change in breast size, redness, pitting of the skin, color change, and peeling surrounding the breast skin or nipple. This medicine helps to inhibit the multiplication of cancer cells.
FARMORUBICIN-RD 50MG INJECTION INDICATION
The Farmorubicin-RD 50mg Injection is prescribed in the following indications as Breast cancer as an adjuvant.
MECHANISM OF ACTION OF FARMORUBICIN-RD 50MG INJECTION
Farmorubicin-RD 50mg Injection contains Epirubicin 50mg is an anti-cancer medication, an anthracycline produces its action by inhibiting DNA and RNA replication by acting on DNA topoisomerase 2 that intercalates DNA base pairs. Thus, causes the formation of an impaired DNA sequence containing abnormal cells where apoptosis occurs and results in cell death.
HOW FARMORUBICIN-RD 50MG INJECTION WORKS
Farmorubicin-RD 50mg Injection contains Epirubicin 50mg is an anti-cancer medication, an anthracycline produces its action by inhibiting the function of DNA topoisomerase 2 enzymes. Farmorubicin-RD 50mg Injection, causes impairment in DNA intercalation inducing apoptosis of these abnormal cancer cells. Thus, Farmorubicin-RD 50mg Injection treats breast cancer and other cancers.
FARMORUBICIN-RD 50MG INJECTION CONTRAINDICATION
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to Epirubicin
- It is contraindicated to use this medicine in patients with cardiomyopathy or heart failure, with recent myocardial infarction, and severe myocardial insufficiency
- Kindly avoid taking this medicine if you have a drug that induces myelosuppression and severe hepatic impairment
FARMORUBICIN-RD 50MG INJECTION SIDE EFFECTS
- Hair loss
- Hot flashes
- Skin changes
FAQS FOR FARMORUBICIN-RD 50MG INJECTION
- I am experiencing nausea and fatigue. Is this due to Farmorubicin-RD 50mg Injection?
Yes, the common side effect of this medicine is nausea and fatigue so it is better to eat more frequent meals to decrease nausea and also avoid foods that are salty, spicy, fatty. Drink plenty of rest and do light exercise to keep yourself active
- Does Farmorubicin-RD 50mg Injection cause hair loss?
Yes, one of the common side effects of this medicine is hair loss. This will get treated once you stop the treatment.
- I have noticed some changes in my skin after taking the Farmorubicin-RD 50mg Injection? What should I do?
Use sunscreen whenever you step outdoors and use moisturizer to get relief from the rash, dry and itchy skin. Your skin will return to normal once your treatment is stopped.
PRECAUTIONS AND GENERAL WARNING OF FARMORUBICIN-RD 50MG INJECTION
It is considered unsafe to consume alcohol while you are receiving this medicine. Kindly consult with your doctor.
DRIVING OR OPERATING MACHINERY
It is considered unsafe to drive while you are receiving this medicine it may affect your ability to drive. Kindly consult with your doctor.
The use of this medicine is considered unsafe during pregnancy because it may produce any harmful effects. Kindly consult with your doctor
The use of this medicine is considered unsafe during breastfeeding because it may produce any harmful effects. Kindly consult with your doctor
It is considered safe to use this medicine in patients who are with renal impairment. Kindly consult with your doctor.
Therapy should be administered with caution in patients with hepatic impairment. Kindly adjust the dose if it is necessary. Kindly consult with your doctor.
HOW TO TAKE FARMORUBICIN-RD 50MG INJECTION
Farmorubicin-RD 50mg Injection comes in a liquid solution as an intravenous. It is injected by a health care professional in doctor clinics, hospitals. Use the injection as prescribed by your doctor. Do not discontinue the medicine when you feel better kindly consult together with your doctor.
USE OF FARMORUBICIN-RD 50MG INJECTION IN ADULT
It is considered to be safe to use this medicine in an adult patient if the medicine is prescribed by a doctor. Kindly consult with your doctor.
USE OF FARMORUBICIN-RD 50MG INJECTION IN CHILDREN
It is considered unsafe to use this medicine in children who are below 18 years old. Kindly consult with your doctor.
USE OF FARMORUBICIN-RD 50MG INJECTION IN ELDERLY PATIENTS
Farmorubicin-RD 50mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with an elderly age group, which leads to developing further medical problems, leads to worsening the patient’s health conditions. Kindly consult with your doctor. Dose modification or replacement is required based on the medical conditions of the patient.
OTHER GENERAL WARNINGS
- Kindly adjust the dose in patients with impaired hepatic function
- The use of this medicine may cause secondary acute myelogenous leukemia
- Thrombophlebitis and thromboembolic including pulmonary embolism were reported
- The use of this medicine along with living vaccine in patients with immunocompromised by the chemotherapeutic agent may result in serious infections
- After initiating the treatment lysis syndrome may occur
- Kindly avoid this medicine if you are pregnant because it may cause fetal harm
TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR IF
- You are not responding to the treatment
- You have experienced any allergic reaction like rashes and itching
- You have a receiving any concomitant medication and disease
Epirubicin 50mg is used to treat adjuvant treatment for breast cancer. It produces its action by inhibiting the function of the DNA topoisomerase 2 enzymes. Farmorubicin-RD 50mg Injection causes impairment in DNA intercalation inducing apoptosis of these abnormal cancer cells.